Many people plan for life events such as college and retirement, or even weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen: their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantage of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. A secondary benefit is locking in today's prices for something that may almost certainly happen years down the road. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can coordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single lump-sum payment, to monthly bank account withdrawals, to pay-as-you-can options. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing whether they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment can also protect you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral; these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. Because it can be difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within hours of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, you family, and your friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved
ones direction of your wants and desires.
- If you are able to pre-pay, your funeral costs are locked-in at the current prices, and no additional funds will be required for services or merchandise, regardless of how much time has passed.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.