For over 200 years, the Rogers family has been serving the families of Frankfort and surrounding areas. In 1786, a man by the name of George W. Graham came to Frankfort from Virginia. George later became a cabinet maker and undertaker, making coffins to order; a practice that was customary for that time as most services were held in private homes or churches. Following George’s death in 1863, his son John R. Graham became owner of the business, and it became known as “John R. Graham and Son”. A few years later, the business was purchased by Rofaxon Rogers, John’s son-in-law, and the company became known as "R. Rogers and Sons” when his sons Thomas P. and John G. Rogers joined him around 1900. Upon Rofaxon’s death in 1929, Thomas took over as the head of the company until his sons Perry and Jack stepped in in 1934, splitting the undertaking and furniture businesses and opening Kentucky’s first stand-alone funeral parlor on Second Street, where it still operates today. Jack's son John C. Rogers oversaw the business from 1981 until his death in 2012, when his daughter Doherty Rogers Reynolds took over operations, bringing the family business into its seventh generation. Rogers Funeral Home is listed as the second oldest private business in the state of Kentucky, and the oldest business that has remained owned and operated by the same family. The Rogers family and staff at Rogers strive each and every day to carry on a long and great tradition of serving their families with the utmost dignity, compassion, and respect.